How has it already been a month since our little blessing came to this earth!
She still loves to sleep, eat, cuddle and go through lots of diapers! I love when I look over and see is smiling in her sleep. She is a super happy baby for the most part. WE are trying to still figure out the formula and breastfeeding combo.
- Rylyn loves to be in her swing and boppy when she is napping but her favorite place is on mommy and daddys chest! Its so sweet if our shirts are too high she will pull them down and climb up till she's in our neck area. So skin on skin is one thing she loves!!
- She is sleeping better at night usually 4 hours at a time! Which mom loves. Hopefully it just keeps getting better.
- She also loves the car and doesn't mind her carseat she usually just gets comfy and goes to sleep, however if she is awake if the car or stroller stops moving she is not a happy camper!!!!
- She loves to sit up and look around.
- I am still just so in disbelief that we have this little sweetie for time and all eternity. She is our life and light. I keep thinking of ways to not only still work a little but spend as much time as possible with her. I love working and more importantly I love what I do. My clients are everything to me and I want to keep those relationships going! Now that Rylyn is a month old I went back to teaching my bootcamp class! Its only been one day but Ry did amazing, she slept for half her class and was in her moby for the rest of the time!!!
- One thing I am struggling with but doing better is breastfeeding, Rylyn was latching in the hospital and the second we got home she stopped. I keep trying everyday and yesterday she latched on one side for about 5 minutes. This to us was a huge success. After about day 2 of being home from the hospital it wasn't worth how miserable we both were. It was the fact that she wasn't getting any milk out even though there was milk there. So I pumped and we bottle feed. She had a hard time with breastmilk almost every feeding she was throwing up almost all that she drank. She was able to keep down formula just fine. Everyday is a work in progress but for us, once I stopped stressing so much and being so emotional my life got so much better. I am still able to hold her close while she feeds and bond with her. I think the biggest thing for new mommys is to do what is best for mommy, baby and daddy! My hubby loves being able to feed his daughter and I love it too!
- Rylyn we are so blessed to have you and couldn't be happier as your parents we hope that you continue to grow and be happy. WE can't wait for you to be able to talk to us and to learn and grow as much as possible. We love you baby girl!!!
Friday, April 15, 2016
NEWBORN MOMMY FAVES
1. Carseat Cover --
This cover is AMAZING !!! Not only does it offer your newborn protection from total strangers touching them but it keeps them covered from too much sun and also creates a little warm bubble if its too cold!
I was able to find a coupon code on Facebook and only needed to pay shipping!
2. Ingenuity InLighten Cradling Swing and Rocker
2-in-1 Swing and Rocker
This is a new mommy life saver!! I wanted the Mamaroo so bad I was even saving for it! However after doing my research and talking with mommy friends most all of them said its not worth it. A traditional swing gives more movement where the Mamaroo is really light movement. I found this 2-in-1 swing and rocker and Grandpa said he would buy it !! SOLD. It has a $180.00 price tag compared to the almost $500.00 price tag! I love that she just sits right into it perfectly and loves being in it. When I need to run to the bathroom or make a bottle or pump she is totally content swinging away! Ive used the rocker a few times, I was able to detach the rocker part and bring her in the bathroom with me and get a quick shower where I could still keep an eye on her!
3. Dr. Brown Bottles
Loving these bottles. We bought a 6 pack on sale at BabiesRUS. Thank goodness my amazing sister was here the first three weeks of Rylyn's life! The pack I had bought was a level 1 nipple. UMM didn't even look at the package or know about the different sizing of the nipples!!! NEW MOM HERE. When we got home from the hospital my sweet baby wasn't latching on any more and both her and I were getting so frustrated. So I gave in and made her a bottle, first mistake was I used a tiny Advent bottle which would have been fine but the amount of milk that was coming out of the nipple was too much for my newborn. It made her lazy and didn't make her suck at all it would just basically pour into her mouth! After one day of that we realized quickly we needed a change. Thank you google. We found premie nipples for the Dr. Brown bottles and they are perfect! Once she grows more we can switch to the level 1!
4. MOBY Wrap
5. Honest and CO Diaper Bag
Click the link below and it will take you right to the bag!!! I love this bag it looks so stylish and yet has every pocket and gadget one would need!! I found mine at last chance in AZ! SO I didn't pay full price but now having the bag and using it, I probably would buy it again !!!
Get the Tote here!
These are my 5 of my favorite newborn products, and our experiences with using them!
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
I can't believe that the time has come for us to meet our sweet angel. She is so perfect and we can't even believe life without her in it!!!
We had an amazing opportunity to do a newborn shoot with the amazing Deja! Check out her awesome website here. Deja's View Photography She is incredible, and has the perfect touch for working with newborns, actually all her shoots are amazing but her patience and waiting was outstanding! Find her on Facebook too! Deja'sViewPhotographyFacebook
Our family feels so complete. We are so happy and so blessed. This little girl has changed my world. Not only do I want to give her the best life but I want to be the best me I can for her, as her example I want to be healthy, nice, kind, loving and forgiving. Along with many other qualities I want to be the best version of myself for her!
She is long like daddy YAY ! Im a shorty and was hoping my girl would get a little of daddy's height!! She has long fingers and toes and already has a little personality which I love. Being not even two weeks she mostly eats, sleeps, and fills her diaper. WE enjoy every second of it!
My sweet girl!! And those lips I can't stop kissing her!
OF course these are all the amazing pictures done by DEJA, my next post will be more of our birth story and Rylyn's journey down to earth and into our hearts.